- Increase Debt by issuing bonds
- Raise parking prices everyone but Downtown and OTR (how's that knife in the back feel Mr. Witte?)
- Adds upgraded meters that WILL NOT interact online, meaning no payment via cell phone.
- Adds more city employees to enforce parking without detail on how he will fund their full expense.
What did John Cranley Not Do:
- Explain how issuing bonds creates annual revenue. Is this a fancy way of saying they will just issue new bonds each year? Or is this an investment gimmick where he gets a big 'loan', invests it and calls the earnings on that investment revenue, while not talking about paying back the principle.
- Who will pay back the bonds? This seems like a rather big point. Trying to pay for upgrades to garages and meters, adding new staff to bring in new revenue, raising parking rates that Cranley and his supports said would hurt the business community, thus lowering tax revenue, how does he plan on paying for this? Is is going to just buy some Twitter Stock and pray it doubles in value every year until he leaves office?
Also, more importantly, is Cranley going to offer this plan up to a vote to the citizens? He was so eager for that before, will he do it now? I don't see that as part of his plan, and instead he wants to ram it through council. Hope the people on Council don't chicken out and rubber stamp this turkey. I'm look at you Mr. Mann, don't be a chicken or a turkey, push back on Cranley.