Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Where's the Full List of FOP Endorsements?

I've read the Smartvoter.org website listing details about Cincinnati City Council candidates and their campaigns. These details include endorsements. I see at least two candidates that I am surprised are listing an FOP (Fraternal Order of Police - the Cincinnati Police Union) endorsement. One of those two I am down-right shocked at reading. I've not seen a press release or posting on the FOP website listing the candidates. I'm wondering why.  Reading this candidate's Facebook pages makes me think I've figured out the litmus test that got this candidate an endorsement, but without the full list, I can't pieced it all together.

I already commented on the Mike Allen's reported endorsement from a local media outlet, but I've not found any other mentions than candidate's listing on the page linked above or shout-outs on their own pages. I don't want to comment on one of the alleged endorsements without some official confirmation.

This candidate appears to have transformed from something they were into something the FOP would endorse.  I don't see how the past can be forgotten.

2 comments:

  1. Makes you wonder that they don't endorse their own.
    2 ex-cops on council & neither get an FOP endorsement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Litmus Test: 1) Support the repeal of SB5; 2) Agree to never ever, under any circumstances, layoff a police officer while in office.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be an idiot or your comment will be deleted.