Sunday, January 16, 2011

Former Vice-Mayor David Crowley Loses His Fight With Cancer

Former Vice-Mayor and progressive champion David Crowley passed away earlier today after a long struggle with cancer. He was 73. He was a well liked councilman and Vice-Mayor. He served the public throughout his life and shall be remembered for his efforts to make Cincinnati and Ohio a better place.

Mayor Mallory issued the following statement on Mr. Crowley's passing:
"The City has lost a gentle giant with the passing of former Vice Mayor David Crowley. I am saddened by this loss. He served our community with a grace and compassion that shall be greatly missed. His advice helped me be a better Mayor and his friendship helped me be a better man. My heart goes out to his wife Sherri, his children, and family. I will truly miss him."
More from the Enquirer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be an idiot or your comment will be deleted.