Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Mmm, Crepes

A few days ago, Julie blogged about the new place on Court Street, It's Just Crepes. Julie hasn't been able to make it since it's only open during the week (though that changes as of September 20th), but not having that problem, I had lunch there with a colleague today. It's in the space formerly occupied by Javier's, between Avril-Bleh and Servatii.

Yummy. (No pictures: real reviews are Julie's job; I just give my gut impression of places I like.) The waitstaff was extremely friendly and had our meals to us pretty quickly, even at the lunch rush. And their prices were very reasonable (you can check out the menu online at their website). I enjoyed watching them make the crepes, on large, circular, wall-less griddles designed just for that purpose.

I had the Hawaiian--ham, pineapple, cheese, soy sauce, and brown sugar--and my friend had the Santa Fe--chicken, swiss, mushroom, and salsa. The crepes were tasty, and the combinations that make up the fillings were good. There'll definitely be return trips for more lunch. I'm afraid to start eating the sweet crepes, though, for fear I'll never stop. So for now, I'll stick to the "savory" crepes.

Finally, let me give a "shout-out" to the Image Art Company, who apparently designed It's Just Crepes's in-store graphics and website. After visiting the restaurant, I was convinced that it must must be a locally-owned franchise of a national chain, based on how professional the menu board, window sign, and logo looked. So I Googled them. Turns out I was wrong: they were produced by Image Art Company, a local branding firm. I may have to give them a call to talk about a remake of my own firm's website and letterhead . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be an idiot or your comment will be deleted.