Friday, February 15, 2008

Michelle Obama in Over-the-Rhine

I'm just back from Music Hall. There are two lines from Ms. Obama's speech that stayed with me all the way home.

On the success (once unexpected) of the Obama campaign:
I'm proud of America, because we have exceeded our own limited expectations
of ourselves. . . Hope is making an important comeback.

On public education:
When people look at me, I don't want them to see "the next First Lady of the
United States." I want them to see what an investment in public education
looks like.


For any of you there, what were your thoughts on the speech and the assembled crowd?

Could anyone tell: was there a teleprompter at the back of the room? I couldn't see one from my vantage point. If not, then Ms. Obama spoke for an hour from what looked like about a half-page of notes.

Also: if anyone was at Senator Clinton's invitation-only event today, please share your experience here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be an idiot or your comment will be deleted.