Friday, November 18, 2005

Stupid, Nutty, Shameful Jeannie-Cakes

That is my new term of non-endearment for Congresswoman Jean Schmidt, "Jeannie-Cakes":
SCHMIDT: I'm Jean Schmidt. I'm from the 2nd District in Ohio. I'm the newest person on the block. And this morning I spent time at the Arlington National Cemetery watching, witnessing, being part of a funeral of one of my fallen heroes in my district.

SCHMIDT: And I walked away from there seeing the glorious graves of the people that have fought for our freedom more resolved than ever to make sure we keep the enemy on their shore and not ours. You know, you all are not getting the big picture. The big picture is that these Islamic insurgents want to destroy us. They don't like us. They don't like us because we're black, we're white, we're Christian, we're Jew, we're educated, we're free, we're not Islamic. We can never be Islamic because we were not born Islamic. Now, this isn't the Islamic citizens. These are the insurgents. And it is their desire for us to leave so they can take over the whole Middle East and then take over the world. And I didn't learn this just in the last few weeks or the last few months. I learned this when I was at the University of Cincinnati in 1970, studying Middle Eastern history. And I was told by a very valuable professor, one that I still remember, Wie Zuefabushi (ph). He was Palestinian. He said, If we don't create freedom in that region it's going to come back and attack us. And this was during Vietnam, when everybody thought the issue was Vietnam. And he said, No, the issue is not Vietnam, it's the Middle East, it's Islamic insurgents that will come back and destroy us.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, 9/11 proved that they can come here and they can attack us. We must continue the course, not just for the sake of the soldiers that have given their time, their talents and their lives to protect our freedom, but for ourselves and our children.

We are the best nation in the world, and it is incumbent upon us at all levels, whether we are soldiers, whether we are in Congress, or whether we are the press, to protect our freedom.

I'm doing it. The soldiers are doing it. I hope my Democratic colleagues will do it. And I hope you will, too.
She brings shame not just on the 2nd district (and we deserve the shame for electing her), but she brings shame on me. I hate this kind of crap, but I live in her freaking district and I can't leave right now. It is like the woman is a walking skeleton of human thoughtlessness, and I have to walk the streets she represents, and that brings venom to my fingers as I type this rant.

Did she actually write down those comments or was she shooting from the hip like the amateur national politician she is?

It is disgusting to have to live in her district, but what is more disgusting is the simple fact that her views are shared by thousands of complete ignorant (I hope) or just plain bigoted citizens of Ohio. They don’t see themselves at bigots or hatefilled, or still suffering from “kill all Muslims” syndrome, instead sing this crap with pride as they are hurting or are using this as a crutch to quell their bloodlust or vote-lust.

Well, monkey's and squirrels, Jean has proved that not only can you be a bigot, you can exploit 9/11 once again and link it to the Iraq war.

This is propaganda at its worst. This takes advantage of those who don't pay attention or at least don't pay much attention. At every turn, many Republicans are saying 9/11, terrorism, Iraq. 9/11, TERRORISM, IRAQ!!!! Again and again. They are not trying to convince anyone who is paying attention that there is any kind of link between 9/11 and Iraq. They being subtle and are planting the seeds of misinformation. Over time, those not paying attention enough, flip past FOX and catch a flashing graphic and think that Saddam made 9/11 happen and we must punish Iraq. This comes from the top of the party. This was in part how Bush mislead the country about why we went to war in Iraq, and is how he continues to do it.

Jeannie-cakes should fatten up on a little truth. She was not around in Congress when this all went down, so her opinion only matters to me because I am unfortunate enough to live in her district. What she needs to do instead of repeating hated filled dogma is to listen to the other side, but a representaive, not a grandstander.

If anyone on her staff or one of her supporters is reading this, I challenge them to get her to respond to me, and tell me, her constituent, why on Earth she stooped so low to attack Democratic War Heroes with her hate filled speech on the floor of congress:
The fiery, emotional debate climaxed when Rep. Jean Schmidt, R-Ohio, the most junior member of the House, told of a phone call she received from a Marine colonel.

"He asked me to send Congress a message _ stay the course. He also asked me to send Congressman Murtha a message _ that cowards cut and run, Marines never do," Schmidt said.

Democrats booed and shouted her down _ causing the House to come to a standstill.
Hear some of it in this NPR Report. It was sickening what she did. I have to wonder, did she do it on her own, or did someone put her up to it? I am ashamed to live in her district (I can't say that enough). I can respect most republicans as people. I bash Steve Chabot, for example, and think his views and his tactics are loathsome, but I can rationally understand where he is coming from, most of the time. I don’t like it, but I can on a human level respect the guy, as a human with human failings.

Schmidt sunk in her first outing on a national stage and became the hack’s hack of political hatchets. If you know anything about the congressman she ignorantly attacked, it would be clear that this sack of bones knows little of what she speaks. I would love it if Paul Hackett got Congressman Murtha to come to town and then both men could speak in her district about how both men faced life in war, and how anyone calling them cowards are not only ignorant fools, but are pure scum. Jeannie-cakes is the scum that lives in bowels of run of the mill scum.

UPDATE: Kos Reports Schmidt is forced to retract some of her comments.

1 comment:

  1. GO JEANNIE GO...YOU FINALLY GOTTEN THE LYING DEMOCRATS OFF THEIR ASSESS... I love your style.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be an idiot or your comment will be deleted.