Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Fountain Square Grumblings

People are talking up a storm over the plans for Fountain Square. I have concerns not so much about the plan, I like the plan. I fear the motives, goals, and desired market. I also fear that this will be it. The City will say they have their entertainment district that is plain and geared towards those who are as plain as a diet vanilla milkshake. The spice of the City needs cultivating and that was what Main Street was. It seems to be nothing but an afterthought. That will be a waste and a mistake. Fountain Square may be good for Business, but I still don't see how it build the downtown community. I hope to learn how tonight at the YPCincy event. I am hopeful, but very very skeptical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be an idiot or your comment will be deleted.