Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Hi, I'm a Military PR Clerk and I have a Story My Boss Wants Told

This kid is the classic definition of a shill, and he is doing it for the Pentagon. His opening and the ending bio sum up all you need to know:
Something struck me as odd this fall as I watched a U.S. satellite news broadcast here in my Baghdad office.
and
Marine Cpl. Isaac D. Pacheco of Northern Kentucky enlisted in the Marines on Sept. 12, 2001, and arrived in Iraq last fall. He serves with the Combined Press Information Center in Baghdad.
This kid may mean well, and I am sure he is doing his duty as a solider, but sitting behind a desk in the Green Zone does not really put him in the best place to see life for the Marines fighting in the streets. More importantly, THIS KID WORKS FOR THE PR WING OF THE PENTAGON IN IRAQ. It is his job to make the Military look good and yet the Enquirer prints this? If it was from a Marine out in the field, then I would not have commented on it at all. This is propaganda, plain and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be an idiot or your comment will be deleted.