Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Know Your Blog

Why are you reading this? Well, for those of you who are new to my blog or blogs in general, I welcome you! Some of you may have ventured over from Gina Daugherty's story on blogging in CinWeekly, so if you are new here and want the skinny on me please check out my FAQ or my Blogger Profile.

I have to thank Gina and the folks at CinWeekly for including me in their story on blogging. I appreciate the exposure. I do have one quibble: I don't think I "mostly" rail on Peter Bronson. I do write about other writers, other topics, and other things that often get people riled up. I am up to 48 comments on my Dick Cheney post, which may just be a record for me. Now, that being said, I take every opportunity to retort Bronson’s often trite GOP drivel posing as a column. We have few local liberals given much of a voice and the rest of us with tiny media voices need to shout against the beast.

If people read what I write and take everything I say literally, I really have to ask you do just not bother reading anything ever again. I am harsh, but 90% of my harshness is hyperbole. My disdain for the CCV and to a lesser degree BushCo are where my vitriolic language have little intended hyperbole and every intention of seriousness, while still trying to have an once of humor where I muster it up.

I hope those reading for the first time are not scared off by any of the commenters. I try to let things go free form. I will not edit anything unless I feel I need to or want to. Will I be consistent? I will be consistent with my own wishes. That is about all I can hope to do. Everything else on the rhetorical front is all gravy.

On a side note, if you have things you find out and about that are not getting play in the news media, drop me an email and I will take a look at it.

Now for those of you who are regular readers of the blog and don't really care much about this post, I can only say with a warm heart: kiss my Haloscan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be an idiot or your comment will be deleted.