Sunday, June 06, 2004

Boss Tweed in the Making?

City Council is considering beefing up the Mayor's powers. I see this as mainly a means to shift blame for the actions (inactions) of the police from council to the Mayor's office. Other than that I don't really like the idea of consolidating power. Yes, a stronger Mayor could "get things done" without the grandstanding of council, but council would still be needed as check against a Mayor off his political rocker. It also appears that a district plan for Council Seats will have to get on the ballot the hard way.

In the article Greg Korte reports that "anti-establishment Republicans" are supporting the district election plan. I would say that anyone who is anti-establishment could not be a Republican, almost by definition.

The text of the strong Mayor proposal is here.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    My name is Brian Tweed,Grandson of George Ray Tweed-
    No man is an Island-1962-Universal Studios-Was in
    What's My Line-Television Series,Written a Book-
    Robinson Crusoe U.S.N.-The Adventures of George
    R.Tweed,Met George Bush Sr,Has a Street Named after
    Him in Portland,Oregon,I am his Grandson,Brian Tweed
    I Reside in Hollywood,Ca.32 Years of Age,I am a
    Actor,and Have been Published in Poetry,for over
    10 Years,with Honorable Mention.I have Received
    Letters from Leonardio Dicaprio,and Richard Gere
    in the Past,Also Director Steven Spielberg,as was
    Myself,as well as Mother Barbara Collen Clabough-
    (Tweed)were born Here,as well as Distant Relatives.
    My Place of Birth was at the Cincinatti Jewish
    Hospital,on Nov.10,1971.at 5:38 A.M.In a Name,
    as Tweed,Which I'm tracing unto Genealogy,I'm
    looking into Research of this,as my Great GrandFather,
    being Boss Tweed.As in Hollywood,Actress Shannon
    Tweed,as I know of no relation,is Married to
    Gene Simmons Guiatarist of Kiss.I miss Cincinatti,
    Ohio,Since I only lived there to 7 Years of Age.
    What I miss,And I seen when I was 15 was King's
    Island,It was Nice to see Home on Redskin Drive,
    and Colerain.I lived in a Small House until I was
    about 5.And Than I moved to Loveland.Until about
    7,and than to Florida after that,and Various States,
    until I was 20,after that,and so on.Thank's for
    The Boss Tweed Article,It was Thoroughly Enjoyable
    Reading.Have a Nice Day.


    Brian Tweed

    ReplyDelete

Don't be an idiot or your comment will be deleted.