Monday, October 20, 2003

Homespun Propaganda?

A local school got a visit from a soldier back from Iraq. This paragraph from the story sounds like someone got some talking points:
Grace said he wanted to talk to the children to let them know that good things - and some very normal things - are happening in Iraq. For example, medics from the base immunized Iraqi children. Others played soccer with them.
I understand that you don't want to horrify kids with the horrors of war, but on same token the article makes it appears that this was playing right into the PR message the White House is trying to get out.

Now, before anyone gets in a snit about this, either way, let me point out that I doubt there was any involvement of the White House in this event. I would bet that the soldier involved and the reporter are aware of the debate on the state of the War and I wonder about their personal motivations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be an idiot or your comment will be deleted.