Wednesday, June 11, 2003

Neoliberal at Your Service
Tom Friedman's column today puts forth a good definition of "neoliberalism":
Neoliberals believe in a muscular foreign policy and a credible defense budget, but also a prudent fiscal policy that balances taxes, deficit reduction and government services.
What I find lacking is the stance a neoliberal would take on social issues. Is a neoliberal closer to Bill Clinton and the DLC on social issues? If that is the case, I am not a neoliberal. Otherwise, that definition fits me fairly well. Throw in a very liberal social freedom belief system and I am hooked, otherwise I have to qualify it with yet another subsection. One of to do items is compiling a listing and a chart on micro political ideologies. This little project is not high on my priorities, but I guess I can label Mr. Friedman without much flack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be an idiot or your comment will be deleted.