Wednesday, January 01, 2003

Black coalition: Time to put an end to killing
It is time now to put an end to killing? What was wrong with last year? Why now? Are these groups embarrassed by the number of blacks killed by blacks in this city? It appears that they are, and can no longer blame it on others. When a vast majority of those who are either under arrest or suspected for murders in Cincinnati are black, can everyone see that there is a disconnect? There is a problem. I commend this group for seeing a problem exists, but I think it is late in coming. If you have to make this kind of statement you know you have issues:
The moratorium calls for an end to turf and gang warfare, elimination of illegal drugs, drug trafficking and street crimes. Also, "the return of black pride and black love."
I have a problem with some members of the coalition, yet another coalition, but it is not reported to include the Black Fist nor the CJC. They may support the effort, but some in this new coalition are not on the best of terms with the CJC leaders or the Black Fist. Whenever you have the Nation of Islam involved however, concern is still warranted. Including “black pride” is something I find offensive. It to me sounds no different than someone considering “white pride” offensive, which I find insulting as well. I wonder if the Nation of Islam or other groups with similar bigoted/racist beliefs influenced this terminology.

On a different note: I have learned that tomorrow the Black Fist’s protest of City Beat is set to go off at Noon. They appear to be upset with City Beat’s correct characterization of the Black Fist’s anti-Jewish protest last month as bigoted. When you carry around signs like this, what you expect? If I have time, I may drop by and observe the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be an idiot or your comment will be deleted.