Saturday, October 26, 2002

Ken Blackwell Radio Ad
While listening to 1230 the Buzz and the high jinks of Jay, John, Sean, and special guest Don, I heard what I think was a political commercial for Ken Blackwell. In this ad, on a radio station target to blacks, the tagline of the message was along the lines of "They're out to get Ken Blackwell." The "they" is left very ambiguously to the listener. I found it t be very galling to use such a conspiratorial type of rhetoric in a political ad. What makes it offensive is that the ad was clearly targeted to the black community and it put forth the over all tone encouraging people to vote for Ken Blackwell because they (the white man) are out to get him. Blackwell has stooped to the lowest form of race politics. What is even more odd is that he was using race from his point of view, not from the more common side Republicans take. I hope just misheard the commercial or my white ears were bamboozled, but I doubt politicians have much honor left to try and win on their own merits, instead of the emotions of the voting public.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be an idiot or your comment will be deleted.