Saturday, October 05, 2002

Daily Telegraph: "The war against Iraq has already begun"
I still wonder if this buildup is still much to strong for what Bush will be saying.
The President will deliver the 20-minute address in Cincinnati, Ohio, a Midwestern venue that appears to have been chosen to show that he is preparing the American heartland for the likelihood of war. His aides are comparing its importance with his televised remarks immediately after the September 11 attacks.
This might just be the slightly more tabloid attitude of the British Press adding a sense of importance to the story, but if Bush's aids are actually comparing this to his Congressional address after 9/11 last year, I would surmise Bush will be close to calling Hussein out. I actually now wish I could go to this event, but I know my opinions as well as my meager bank account will keep me out. Cincinnati should be hopping with many visitors on Monday. I would even guess this might make the local economy grow a bit. Hell, the press has to eat someplace. I hereby volunteer to be interviewed by all international media in attendance. I do not want a local blood lust filled Republican to be the example of Cincinnati to the world, and I certainly do not want a boycotter to lie and speak ill of Cincinnati. I therefore am the most objective source. (Please read a healthy level of sarcasm in the last few sentences.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be an idiot or your comment will be deleted.