Saturday, September 28, 2002

Brian James Kloetzel a contributor to the Miami Review is off on a couple of points in his latest column. One is his contention that the GOP will pick up seats in the House and Senate. I do not think any polling numbers support this contention. I think a good race-by-race analysis indicates the Dems will pick up a couple seats in the House, but not gain control, and the Senate will not change its balance. The other point is that I am most certainly not better off than I was 2 years ago. My 401(k) is in the shitter, 3,000 innocent people are dead thanks to foreign borne theocratic fascism, domestic theocratic fascism is on the rise in this country, my pay raises have been negligible in the last two years, and government secrecy has ballooned to an art form. My life is not unique either, so I would say we are on the "wrong track."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be an idiot or your comment will be deleted.